Green Farm Festival
www. openstreetmap. org/# map=18/ 48.29079 / 11.72100
2011 or 2012:
There was free mini bus from & to S Bahn, included in the
5 Euro entry. Garchinger Weg is a long way on a hot day as it
has no trees for shade.
- We cycled there, & met other
beer gardeners who had come by S-Bahn
, Cycle, & Car
The 12 Euro entry price we felt a rip off from 5 Euro in 2012.
We wouldn't have paid to go in, except it was too late
to re-arrange :
- we had the day before arranged to meet friends
there assuming it would be similar reasonable pricing
to our last visit.
- A friend had earlier said it was 12
EU including 10 EU food & drink vouchers (seems
that was campers only?).
- Another friend ahead (who had
heard 10+2=12) , had just paid to go in, vouchers
asked where his food & drink vouchers were ?
Vendor was surprised & said it's 12
Euros, & no vouchers!)
We received just orange arm bands
with a [serial?] number,
No tickets, no receipts. Missing info:
- No Tax number for who pays MWST &
Einkommensteuer to Finanzamt.
- No name & address of Veranstalter responsible
for fairground safety & security.
- The "Programm" leaflet did not declare organiser
- The Impressum after on www.greenfarmfestival.de
seems to be just for the web publisher, not for Veranstalter.
- Despite good weather there were far fewer visitors than
our last visit when price was reasonable, (also a Sunday
afternoon, similar weather): The first side stall we passed
had no customers, outside continued sparse, not so many
visitors as before. A friend who knew a vendor in a bigger
said no stand visits/ sales in hours.
- We missed favourite stand(s), eg
no stand with wide selections of
British pies. Just British Allsorts had an English type food
stand, with a few pies & lots of crisps. (Bavarian food
stand omitted, we'd come for Irish/British Isles type food /
drink / atmosphere).
- Another major stand further down on left (South East)
toward sport field was completely empty, just the canvas
roof, a no show or evacuated Sunday as insufficient customers
- Maybe they heavily increased prices for stand pitches as
well as for visitors ? High prices then deterring numbers of
visitors & sellers ? Low numbers of each then likely to
mutually deter further ? They should revert to reasonably
prices before they deter more.
- The cycle group, (smaller than
usual, (possibly some cyclists
&/or Beer Gardeners might have been
deterred by seeing the 12 EU price on the Green Farm URL
copied to our mail lists ?)) ... searched music areas for
then sat outside away from music to drink under sun umbrellas
in partly fresh air (dodging as much smoke as possible:
despite few visitors, not enough tables had sun
- The heavily raised entry price
we felt excessive, & with less stands & visitors less
- 12 Euros/head bought nothing for cyclists, except
entry to buy a 5 Euro meat pie, & Guinness at 4.5 EU/ 0.5
litre, or Kilkenny. We chose to sit Away from the music
, & the
stands we expected to buy from were absent. We
decided not to go next year; We can cycle a similar route to Freising, with 12
Euro per head extra remaining in our pockets for other beer