- If you want data added/ removed/ changed, eg phone
numbers, addresses, qualifications, Please let me know. .
- In some case more data is already in the master sources
off line, but commented out, cos I didn't want to over
expose without permission.
- No need to ask for alignment changes, these are
pending, see Errors
The macros that I use to generate the cards are very complex,
so style remains similar. Cards are automatically formatted
& uploaded using FreeBSD
extensions, with a pre filter of le
, to Groff input,
that then generates for all combinations of:
- Numerous people, + common back.
- Card Sizes: x1 x2 & x4.
- Card Formats gif & postscript & PDF.
- Web Version (less contact info) & paper handout
version (with more info eg mobile numbers).
- Individual cards (with zero offset, for display within
web pages), & Sheets of adjacent
cards with guillotine cut marks.
- An extra line on most cards lists personal special
All variants of cards & Sheets
automatically updated by Makefile
then uploaded by
The paper Sheets to print, &
the unitary size gifs are about OK; But others are still
under development, & some problems outstanding:
- Paper sizes: The card data knows & generates
card the right size, but this has not yet been exported
to all groff & ghostscript include libraries, so
frames are too big.
- Some X2 X3 X4 Magnifications not yet right.
- Rotation: groff is rotating media frame from
portrait to landscape, but ghostscript or ghostview
here still showing portrait.
- .PSPIC macro centres the inch & cm rules, The
old macro syntax for left alignment no longer
- .PSPIC macro gets the inch & cm rules the wrong
size on the web card version, but the printed Sheets version is OK.
- The .ps & .pdf files are updated
- Until some problems above are solved, the .gif are
updated manually from .ps by xv.
- Do not try to print single cards. There are
- The small fonts on the back of the card look better
with a 600 DPI laser than a 300 DPI, especially if inside a
hot laminated plastic card.
- One can either print on card stock, & just cut
front faces, or print on paper, & fold & insert in
Laminating (Plastic Encasing)
- for local printing by owners.
- With guillotine alignment marks to cut 5 cards.
- Line password protected directory.
- Sheets of cards have more info,
eg mobile numbers, home number, addresses etc, that
associates may be happy to give physically as a card to
particular people, but not want on the web.
One Can Print Either:
- On card stock, & just cut 5 front faces (though
note size will be 6mm less than credit card size.
- On paper sheet, cut &
fold to include 5 x front & back, & insert in
credit card sized plastic for laminator.
- Or sometime I could write a new sheet master to allow 3mm extra round all
borders, & 10 fronts & no backs, designed for
sheets of card to be cut to full
credit card size.