Public Browsing In Munich, inc. Free WLAN
- Apps in Android app
stores have free WLAN maps.
2016-11-16: Lots more, maybe 20 ? Now added optional
2014-12-04: The first 5 points were: Marien- Platz,
Sendlinger Tor, Odeons Platz, Isartor,
Rail stations, free for half an hour: Main station,
& Airport, & Donnersbergerbruecke
- one in Hans Sachs Str commented in my
(but not on line yet as private passwords need to be
- 2013-11: Starbucks,
sendlinger str. Free. Sells coffee.
- 2013-11: Coffee-Fellows Im
Tal 33 80331 München Tel: 089/24269986
Öffnungszeiten: Mo.-Sa. 7:30 - 22 So. 9:00 - 21 .
Free. Sells coffee.
- 2004.04: Coffee shop: Wireless LAN (don't know if they
also provide terminal, or just expect you to be laptop
& WLAN equipped. Hour=2.5 Euro, Day=6, week=20,
month=35. 3 Locations: Leopold- Str 70, Tal 33, Zwei-
Brucken- Str. 5-7.
- Technical University (TUM) has internet &
web access, on high bandwidth leased lines. Only for the
academic use of its staff students & conference etc
2013-11-11 Lothstr 34,
VPN's (Virtual Private Networks) etc
Later I'll put a list of VPNs or link to a list of VPNs
Here's a start, never used them, no reccomendations :
- The following is a small list of places that allow browsing
on various terms, (which may be useful if you're travelling, or
until you've configured your own computer, & contracted an
Internet Access Provider).
Many of the entries here were Way out of date, so now first
text is date.
- Some places offer screens, Some places just just provide a
Wireless Access Point, & you use your own laptop.
- Some charge extra for Internet, some see it as part of the
attraction to go there.
- Small cafe on South East corner of Sendlinger Tor,
next to tram tracks. "Internet Cafe Centrum", Sendlinger Tor
Platz 5, 80336, Tel +49 175 9075462 (Mobile number!) Prices @
2006.12: Card says 6 Euro/hr including a drink. Bill for half
hour said Cappuccino 2.2 + Internet 0.75. about screens
upstairs. Open 10:00-01:00.
- Mcdonald's Bodensee-str (announced on Munich
89 FM Radio Tues 22 Sept
- Internet Cafe, Nymphenburgerstr, browser only, no
shell, or ftp or email except inside netscape, floppy on
request (if you can find an employee). michael_ERASE@purestar.com
is/was a knowledgeable user (HTML Author).
- Internet Pizza & such, on the bend of Altheimer Eck,
West of Marienplatz, I think they have a not cheap charge for
net access, small, fairly crowded, most probably allows smokers
(Ugh!)) I think long since closed.
- Arbeitsamt, Kapuziner-str or so I heard. WLAN or
+49.89.25543988 20 paces from back exit of Hof- Brau- haus.
Does Bike Tours.
- Central Public Library at Am Gasteig will be closed from
23.12.02 to 31.01.03 so that the computer system can be
extended with a link to Internet. Dead web ref:
www.muenchner-stadtbibliotheke.de (From Jacqui M.).
- More ? Must be other places too ... let me know & I'll list them.