Does your company wants to purchase professional computer
consultancy for BSD Unix ( EG FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD etc) at commercial rates
Yes ? - This page is for You, ... read on !
No ? - Sorry, this page is not for you.
Everyone is listed below
geographicaly indexed world wide, including the author
Professional Full Time Consultants - In Europe
also offer BSD
services beyond consultancy.
Full & part timers are all now in one single geographic
index, (as we suppose most people primarily need a local
consultant, & whether that consultant is available full
or part time is of secondary importance). Full or part time
status is marked in a column of the table
Professional Full Time Consultants
Available full time, (40+ hours per week, promary
business hours + anti social hours, 48+ weeks per year).
Available to concentrate 100% exclusively on your
particular requirements. On and off site, customisation,
enhancements, support, maintenance, training, upgrades,
hot line support, turn key systems provision etc. Perhaps
with fallback associates if busy or ill or 24 hour
Offer a subset of the Full Timer's services listed above,
might be geographically nearer, not able to offer 40
hours / week / person for 48+ weeks/year.
Other Unix Consultants working with
Free Source Code Unix Systems
If there's no FreeBSD Consultant in your city, as FreeBSD
NetBSD OpenBSD & Linux have similar `full sources
available' cultures, & they share some code, & some
are on multiple *BSD &
*Linux lists, here are some other links to try:
Table Data Format
Consultants are indexed in
- Geographic location, Not by postal address. country
first, to help firms find a physically local
- Address in complete reverse geographic order,
(country first) just as a Martian would need, flying in
on you for the first time from Mars to your part of
- Any local in-country customs you may have for
giving addresses in partially inverted & partially
Not inverted order, (as on envelopes)are not
- Location of the local office within the company
that supplies FreeBSD consultants
, so customers can know how local/near the supplier is,
(as this can affect tavel time & costs, emergency
response time to arrive at customer site, availability
for short notice face to face meetings etc).
- Not the postal address on an envelope.
- Not: the main, official. owning, parent, boss.
holding, superior office, larger department, PO box,
postal reception address somewhere else, that also
deals with things other than solely BSD
- Where your physical office or home town is, where
your FreeBSD support staff work & travel from to
Country, Region, City & Postcode, Street:
Send New Pre-Formatted Entries To Julian Stacey
- Real names normal people say, eg America,
Britain, China, Germany, Taiwan.
- Not names deriving from politicians names of
historicly aspiring political / grandiosity.
- Simple country names, devoid of allusions to
state's histories, fictions, religions, &
- No United States of , United
Federal / Democratic Republic of ,
Great Socialist People's
... Arab Jamahiriya
No acronyms deriving from such multi word names.
- Some countries names get initials changed
& reshuffled in other languages; how many
know what RFA is, & RFD ?
- Most never knew what FRD & DDR were,
but most knew West & East Germany,
- Few known for certain without checking if
ROC is mainland China or island Taiwan.
- No interest if a Kingdom, or a Republic, or
claims to be United (centuries back perhaps) or
Federal or a sometimes spurious claim to be
Democratic (DDR) or Arabic or Christian, etc.
- The Region the consultant is In.
- Not the Region the consultant serves which
might be smaller or larger.
- Smaller than Country, & Larger than
For those Americans who do not think
"Region" can mean "State" to you. It is no
mistake that the word State is deliberately Not
used in the head of column. This is an
International Index, not an American Index, so
"State" would be internationally misleading
& inappropriate. For the rest of the world,
sovereign independent nation States are
Countries such as America, Britain, China,
France. Whereas American states such as
Pennsylvania & Washington that ceased to be
independent hundreds of years back when they
united to become America are Not nation states,
but regions within one country.
- Australia: Queensland or Northern
- Britain: Sussex or Perth-shire
- France: Bordeaux
- City does Not have extra comments like
`prepared to travel' or `out of area too' or `+
Internet remote working' - all that is assumed if
conditions & money suit. City is merely a
statement of where consultant is based.
- If you'r not in or near a city, list nearest
big town or similar.
- [+ Optional Postcode]. Consultants might (or not) want to
omit Postcode=ZIP after the City. (There's ever
more identity theft via Internet, Customers will
want to email or phone Consultants for initial contact, not
write a letter. Sure the codes are easily available
elsewhere, but it just makes things a trifle more
work for criminals.
- Street : Optional.
Some Consultants may omit
this, eg for security/ disturbance reason etc.
- Optional: Some Consultants
may omit this, eg if they prefer initial contact
via email or web form.
- Phone Number is in full international format,
starting with a +, with spaces not hyphens, so the
HTML column does not grow too wide.
- This number is the initial first enquiry office
number for new customers to phone to negotiate new
contracts for consultancy services.
- It is not the the regular support hot line
number offered to contracted customers etc.
- It is a single phone number (there is no room
in the table for more, look on
the consultant's own page for more numbers).
- It should not be an expensive or
radio-interference / travelling, part time off, non
answering problematic cell/mobile/handy phone
- It will be a normal office number for full time
Consultants , or maybe home
office number for part time Consultants .
- It should be equipped with an Answerphone or
call forwarding to a mobile phone, or company
office human telephone operator etc.
- Fax, modem, isdn, & mobile numbers have
been removed to make the table
narrower, easier to view, & maintain, for
those, click to the consultant's web.
- Tip: Often if for example extension 123 does
not answer, try extension 0 or 100.
- Either a mailto or an href to a mail form.
- If a mailto make sure it is a valid email
address with an MX record, something a link-checker
will pass without error when scanning this
If an href to a web page
on your site that could be some anti spam device,
eg Web entry enquiry form
- Please do Not make it a URL direct to some
cgi-bin script you will change URL for
periodically. Cos I don't want to waste time
editing to that. Make it to some normal long
term address on your site that is stable, &
let the enquirer click again from your page to
wherever your CGI is.
- Please also embed your email address <--
in a comment --> mangled in some way to
defeat spammers, but so at least I can read it
& get back to all Consultants later easily if I need
to, without going through your web form.
- Save my raw html to a file.
- Copy my file to a new file.
- Edit new file.
- Copy a live record (Not the title line, as format
of that is too simple (no hrefs)).
- Edit out all the old data & put yours in.
- Ensure you comply with field descriptions &
formats for phone number & address etc.
- If you have local national characters, use the
correct HTML escape sequence. (look in the source for
examples of German umlauts & French accents
- Ensure in yours there are zero HTML syntax errors
(I use /usr/ports/www/
tidy to clean errors. )
- Run diff -c table.lmth.orig table.lmth (Yes, what you browse on,
table.html, is not the source, the
source is in table.lmth, (similar except for some top
& tail automatic macros, sure if you generate diff
from .html I can use that, but if I also forget to edit
your patch from .html to .lmth, then patch will edit
the wrong file, & next time I run make, your entry
will be lost (by automatic accident, not
- Do Not just mouse cut & paste off of your
formatted web browser screen, else I will dump it,
& maybe tell you to format it properly in
click-able HTML, (I'm happy to add you, but no time to
- Send in plain text format, not HTML, not
- Periodically check your URLs in your entry are
If your URLs fail & I notice, I may delete your
entry without notice if its not easy to contact you.
(Suggestion: Add a fallback email address in an HTML
delimeter if you want, have a look at mine as an
Consider where your URL pointer goes if your domain
owner stops paying your registrar for your
If consultant has further secondary bases established,
they may be listed on same table
record, in smaller font.
Deliberately Not Included
Hourly rates, skills available etc, deliberately Not
included, It would become stale, as I will not work
unpaid to frequently edit such changing info, that
moves with time, market conditions, personnel available
& engaged on other projects & new technology
Click Consultant's individual Web page for more info.
Table is on a seperate page
- To allow a wide layout.
- So spell checker runs easier on this page but not on
table of addresses & URLS.
- So table could later be generated easier from a
Cross References to other Indexes