Does your company wants to purchase professional computer
consultancy for BSD Unix ( EG FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD etc) at commercial rates
Yes ? - This page is for You !
No ? - Sorry, this page is not for you.
Everyone is listed in geographically indexed
, including the author.
Professional Full Time Consultants - In Europe also here:
Full & part timers are all now in one single geographic
index, (as we suppose most people primarily need a local
consultant, & whether that consultant is available full
or part time is of secondary importance, & full timer
& part timers may change status over time). Full or
part time status is marked in a column of the table
Professional Full Time Consultants
Available full time, (40 hours per week, primary business
hours + 8 anti social hours (ie 6 day week), 48+ weeks
per year). Available to concentrate 100% exclusively on
customer requirements. On and off site, customisation,
development, enhancements, support, maintenance,
training, upgrades, hot line support, turn key systems
provision etc. Perhaps with fallback associates if busy
or ill or 24 hour support etc. You may want to join the
mail list .
Offer a subset of the Full Timer's services listed above,
might be geographically nearer, not able to offer 40
hours / week / person for 48+ weeks/year.
Other Unix Consultants working with
Free Source Code Unix Systems
If there's no FreeBSD Consultant in your city, as FreeBSD
NetBSD OpenBSD & Linux have similar `full sources
available' cultures, & they share some code, & some
are on multiple *BSD &
*Linux lists, here are some other links to try:
Table Data Format
Consultants are indexed in
- Geographic location, Not by postal address. country
first, to help firms find a physically local
- Address in complete reverse geographic order,
(country first) just as a Martian would need, flying in
on you for the first time from Mars to your part of
- Any local in-country customs you may have for
giving addresses in partially inverted & partially
Not inverted order, (as on envelopes)are not
- Location of the local office within the company
that supplies FreeBSD consultants
, so customers can know how local/near the supplier is,
(as this can affect tavel time & costs, emergency
response time to arrive at customer site, availability
for short notice face to face meetings etc).
- Not the postal address on an envelope.
- Not: the main, official. owning, parent, boss.
holding, superior office, larger department, PO box,
postal reception address somewhere else, that also
deals with things other than solely BSD
- Where your FreeBSD support staff geographically
live (or have their office) & travel from to work
Country, Region, City & Postcode, Street:
Send New Pre-Formatted Entries To Julian Stacey
- Duplicate entries: Consultants who have existing
multiple alternate accommodation & work bases, are
listed per area, to make it easier for people searching
for a consultant in that area.
(Not an invitation for consultancy firms to list all
their branch offices, It's on a per person basis. If
the individual named BSD consultant already has a key,
desk & toothbrush installed there ? ;-)
- Real names normal people say, eg: America,
Britain, Canada, China, France, Germany, Mexico,
Russia, Taiwan, etc.
- No sets of daft initials such as DDR (ex),
SPLAJ, UK of GB & NI, UAE, USA, USSR, etc.
- Not "politically correct" names deriving from
politicians, historic aspirations, delusions,
pomposity, grandiosity, verbosity & lies (eg
how many countries have called themselves
Democratic, Socialist or United - that were Not
- No spurious allusions to state's histories,
fictions, religions, socialisms, royal allegiances
(kingdom/republic of ...) & other such
- No United States of , United
Federal / Democratic Republic of ,
Great Socialist People's
... Arab Jamahiriya
No acronyms deriving from such multi word names.
- Some countries names get initials changed
& reshuffled in other languages; how many
know what RFA (French acronym ? --> is,
& RFD ?
- Most never knew what FRD
but most knew West & East Germany,
- Few known for certain without checking if
ROC is mainland China or island Taiwan.
- No interest if a Kingdom, or a Republic, or
claims to be United (centuries back perhaps) or
Federal or a sometimes spurious claim to be
Democratic (DDR) or Arabic or Christian, etc.
- Yes section needs shortening ! - Later.
- The Region the consultant is In.
- Not the Region the consultant serves which
might be smaller or larger.
- Smaller than Country, & Larger than
For those Americans who do not think
"Region" can mean "State" to you. It is no
mistake that the word State is deliberately Not
used in the head of column. This is an
International Index, not an American Index, so
"State" would be internationally misleading
& inappropriate. For the rest of the world,
sovereign independent nation States are
Countries such as America, Britain, China,
France. Whereas American states such as
Pennsylvania & Washington that ceased to be
independent hundreds of years back when they
united to become America are Not nation states,
but regions within one country.
- Australia: Queensland or Northern
- Britain: Sussex or Perth-shire
- France: Bordeaux
- City does Not have extra comments like
`prepared to travel' or `out of area too' or `+
Internet remote working' - all that is assumed if
conditions & money suit. City is merely a
statement of where consultant is based.
- If you'r not in or near a city, list nearest
big town or similar.
- [+ Optional Postcode]. Consultants might (or not) want to
omit Postcode=ZIP after the City. (There's ever
more identity theft via Internet, Customers will
want to email or phone Consultants for initial contact, not
write a letter. Sure the codes are easily available
elsewhere, but it just makes things a trifle more
work for criminals.
- Street : Optional.
Some Consultants may omit
this, eg for security/ disturbance reason etc.
Break & hyphenate long Germanic/Belgian type
street names such as Schwarz- baeck-- Str &
Louiza- Straat, both to make names more parse-able
by eyeball, & to allow HTML browsers to adopt
narrow columns, as the table is already too
- Optional: Some Consultants
may omit this, eg if they prefer initial contact
via email or web form.
- Phone Number is in full international format,
starting with a +, with spaces not hyphens, so the
HTML column does not grow too wide.
- This number is the initial first enquiry office
number for new customers to phone to negotiate new
contracts for consultancy services.
- It is not the the regular support hot line
number offered to contracted customers etc.
- It is a single phone number (there is no room
in the table for more, look on
the consultant's own page for more numbers).
- It should not be an expensive or
radio-interference / travelling, part time off, non
answering problematic cell/mobile/handy phone
- It will be a normal office number for full time
Consultants , or maybe home
office number for part time Consultants .
- It should be equipped with an Answerphone or
call forwarding to a mobile phone, or company
office human telephone operator etc.
- Fax, modem, isdn, & mobile numbers have
been removed to make the table
narrower, easier to view, & maintain, for
those, click to the consultant's web.
- Tip: Often if for example extension 123 does
not answer, try extension 0 or 100.
- Either a mailto or an href to a mail form.
- Please embed a 2nd reserve email address as a
comment adjacent to main URL: If you do not &
your prime URL fails, You will be silently deleted
Consider where your URL pointer goes if your
domain owner stops paying your registrar for your
domain, best use a different domain for the reserve
- If a mailto= make sure it is a valid email
address with an MX record, something a link-checker
will pass without error when scanning this
If an href= to a web
page on your site that could be some anti
spam device, eg Web entry enquiry form
- Do Not make it a URL to some cgi-bin script
you will change URL for periodically. No time
to waste editing that in; Make it to some
normal long term address on your site that is
stable, & let the enquirer click again from
your page to wherever your CGI is.
- Also embed your email address <-- in a
comment --> mangled in some way to defeat
spammers if you will, but so I can get back to
all Consultants later
easily if I need to, without going through your
- Save my raw html to a file.
- Copy my file to a new file: cp table.html
- Edit new file. vi -c/Munich table.html
- Copy a live record mine as a template/ example.
(Don't use the title line, as format of that is too
simple (no hrefs, etc)).
- Edit out my old data & put yours in.
- Ensure you comply with field descriptions &
formats for phone number & address etc.
- If you have local national characters, use the
correct HTML escape sequence. (look in the source for
examples of German umlauts & French accents
- Move your record up or down in the table to the
correct Geographic & alpha numeric place in table.html
- Ensure in your table.html you have introduced no
HTML errors in your section (I use /usr/ports/www/ tidy
) to clean errors. -
- Run diff -c table.html.orig table.html >
( I prefer -c because I find a context
diff easier to read, & particularly useful as your
patch will No be applied to a table.html but a
table.lmth which is off line, similar to table.html,
but excludes top & tail macro code.)
Inspect your patch vi table.html.diff: It
should contain a single chunk with your new record
from <TR> to </TR> ,
That patch table.lmth ~/table.diff would for
me report as eg
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1200.
If it reports eg:
Then you have also changed someone else's entry
(maybe eg to add a region name not previously
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1200.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1339.
- Mail me your patch, (easiest as a MIME
- I will apply it to my master .lmth
- (If I make a mistake & wrongly apply your patch
to the .html & not the .lmth, then the .html would
be wiped next time the .lmth is edited & the Makefile (includes
.lmth.html: rule in
berklix2.mk via berklix.mk
) generates a new .html, so if you notice, tell
me, it's nothing underhand, just a mistake).
- Do Not just mouse cut & paste off of your
formatted web browser screen, else I will mail it back,
telling you to format it properly in click-able HTML,
(I'm happy to add you, but no time to waste editing
what you should edit.)
- Send mail in plain text format, not HTML, not
- Periodically check your email
& web contact URLs for your entry still work. Don't
bother to maintain them optimal/ direct, so long as
they forward OK, good enough as not in heavy use, &
it saves us human time if we don't update them
Deliberately Not Included
Hourly rates, skills available etc, deliberately Not
included, It would become stale, as I will not work
unpaid to frequently edit such changing info, that
moves with time, market conditions, personnel available
& engaged on other projects & new technology
Click Consultant's individual Web page for more info.
Table is on a seperate page
- To allow a wide layout.
- So spell checker runs easier on this page but not on
table of addresses & URLS.
- So table could later be generated easier from a
Cross References to other Indexes