Disclaimer of Julian H.
Professional Internet, Systems Engineering, Unix & C
Phone or Email to discuss
requirements & possibilities.
- Short & Long term.
- English & German & some French
- Planning & Development & Admin & Porting
& Support & Rescue etc.
- Consultancy @ Hourly rate & Fixed Price &
Pre-pay per minute Phone Support.
- Work @ Munich & Aachen Germany, & Tunbridge
Wells England, & Remote Site, via Phone & Internet
& roaming laptop.
Liability Disclaimer For Web Pages
(Boring stuff for legal obsessives!)
Concerning data in & under directories containing
Julian H. Stacey's home page, &
organisation pages maintained by JHS etc,
Why Disclaimers ?
- Some law courts in some countries
come up with objectionable rulings, that URL pointers need
to be disclaimed, else are considered to recommend remote
content as agreed with by the pointer.
- Farcical, as
- Local pointers have no control of changing remote
- Remote domains expire & or are sold to other new
owners sometimes with completely different content.
- Many web authors have no time to thoroughly check
remote content; not viable to maintain or regularly check
large numbers whether paid, or unpaid.
(I for instance have 38,000
URL links under a subset of web pages, albeit a good
proportion of hrefs are internal).
- Readers are lucky that private authors bother to add
click-able URLs, without which the web would not exist or
work as it does. Such rulings degrade the internet, on
which an increasing percentage of advanced nations growth
- Readers should use a search engine instead/ as well,
&/or pay for access to a public library, or pay some
commercial publisher if they want paid reliability &
researched & checked recommendations.
- Laws, lawyers, daft court rulings, & the so called
"policaly correct" now scare & burden people on the
Internet to waste time space & bandwidth formulating,
transmitting, & reading boring disclaimers to avoid
foolishness &, the litigious.
Copyright Of Web Pages
- Copyright Julian H. Stacey, Munich 1995, '96, '97,
'98, '99, 2000, 2001 & 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09,
10, 11, 12, 13, 18.
Applies to all pages that bear a URL pointer to this
statement, (typically: most pages accessed from below a ~jhs/
- I will likely grant any copy request free of charge, but
I do not formally grant the information to the public domain.
In particular, I would be unhappy about people misusing my
resume for other than the intended purpose (encouraging job
offers ), I would of course
object to my data being twisted out of context, or
- Other than that I'm not trying to withhold anything,
clearly the information is there to be accessed.
- If in doubt, contact me.